Australian Time

Sydney

My counter

Saturday, November 28, 2009

A rainy windy Saturday

A year ago we had a lot of snow on the ground. Today we have rain & strong winds. When I got up this morning at 6 am I had a big decision to make...Be lazy and spend the day reading or tackle the pile of laundry that has been collecting all week.The Dunkin Donut coffee gave me the perk I needed so after the washer started I proceeded to read the days news online, check out the emails & see what the local folks on facebook were doing and after an hour I got the courage to start folding the clothes from last week. Now I only do laundry on the week ends and last weekend I was in Halifax so the only one that worked was the washer.4 loads folded and 3 more washed and folded. Now they are sitting on the dresser. Can't do the work all in one day so I headed back to the computer.Called choice reward travel to get them process our travel visa's for Australia...that was easy only had to give them the information on our passports and they attach it to our passports electronically. Unfortunately they couldn't issue one for Papua New Guinea. Went into the Canadian Consulate web page.Got distracted and ended up reading about inoculations we should have.Added this to my growing to do list. Checked out the cruise critic site and chatted on our roll call for half an hour. About two months ago I booked a snorkeling tour on the Great Barrier Reef. I couldn't get a private tour as we are tendering so I booked thru the cruise line. I wasn't 100% satisfied because it is a 3 hr trip each way with about 200 people and it goes to the outer reef but I booked anyway as it is a life time experience but Dun isn't 100% comfortable snorkeling.I float like a harbor buoy. Well this morning I stumbled upon an awesome tour called 3 Island cruise on the inner reef which is for the full day and includes snorkeling, a submersible, a beautiful 7 mile beach and includes lunch . It is part of the Whitsundays inner reef so I canceled the ships tour & got my money back.the three islands are Daydream Island, Hook Island and Whitehaven Island Now I'm a happy broad.Did a gourmet hot dog lunch, went to town with Dun, stopped at Nakile and back home again. made beef & broccoli, fried rice and egg rolls for supper and now to read for the remainder of the evening. whew busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment