Australian Time

Sydney

My counter

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

I love the month of December with the preparations, hustle & bustle of the Christmas season. The Christmas parties and socializing with friends. My kitchen comes alive with the smells of gumdrop cakes, carrot cakes and homemade donuts.I made potato fudge this year. It is easy and is a wonderful recipe from my Grandmother Lottie.This year we had lots of excitement leading up to Christmas with Gibby & Deanna's house completion. Lots of friends and family helped with the move beginning on Dec 21,22 & 23rd. What a beautiful, cozy warm home it is and I envy the kitchen and pantry.Our traditional family gathering on Dec 24th with my family & Deanna's family and a visit by Santa were the highlights . The little ones were excited and the evening went well. I love both Deanna's family & Renee's Mom & Dad. They are all such a wonderful bunch. This morning I was up at my usual time around 5:30 but had to wait until nearly 7 am before Gibby called to say the kids were awake. Oh the excitement to see Lucas,Hannah & Jack opening the gifts with wrapping paper scattered everywhere. It brings back memories of when Gibby & Nick were little but even better we could walk away from the mess.We also spent time with Nick & Renee, Alison & Chumly opening their gifts and enjoying coffee that I didn't have to prepare before coming home to begin our Christmas feast of Creamed lobster, mashed potatoes,peas, rolls, coleslaw and Trifle for desert. It was nice to have Gil spend time with us and we were joined by my brother Shelley, Dawn & Gene as well. Now it's time to go to the d'Entremont Family potluck.This is always a fun affair with lots of great food, and the d'Entremont boys betting on something or other. It is also a sad time as it's been 3 years ago that we were planning a funeral for Grandpere Chike. Hw was one of the most gentle men I have ever met. i feel truly honored to belong to this wonderful,fun loving family.

No comments:

Post a Comment