Australian Time

Sydney

My counter

Monday, December 28, 2009

More Planning

My head is spinning and it's time for bed. I spent the better part of the day organizing all my tours in a folder and creating an itinerary to leave at home for the family to follow our trip. I had some empty slots I needed to fill in so started on that. first I added a night at the Hilton in Perth and made a mistake on the reservation and ended up calling Hilton directly as the website wouldn't let me modify. As we are staying 2 consecutive nights on March 20 & 21st, the lady upgraded us to a suite with a balcony overlooking the Swan River. This is awesome and it only cost me an additional $29.00 Australian. I had previously rented a car through Alamo for when we get off the cruise on March 15th and was going to drop off on the 22nd March so I went in to modify this to drop off on the 20th. I therefore needed to call Alamo directly and they were going to charge me a $1,000 for the new reservation when the original was $520 for 2 days longer. I wasn't long canceling this reservation so I've spent most of the day looking at other rentals and found a great deal through Avis. Now I have to decide what I want to do in Perth for two days and what I want to do while at Jill's. I decided to give this a break for a bit and have started to do a bit of research on Wyoming & Montana as this will be my next land trip probably next year. I ordered a guide book for each state but won't do any formal research until we get back from Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment