Australian Time

Sydney

My counter

Saturday, December 5, 2009

The weekend

Oh My Christmas is only three weeks away. I am so not ready.My baking is not done and my gifts aren't wrapped and my house looks like it has blown up. I wonder why I can't get motivated. Last evening Dr. Clark passed away. I didn't sleep well because I kept thinking about the 11 years I worked for him and how good he was to me during those years. He was a gentle man and loved by many and there are lots of young men in the area that have been named after him. My Nicholas's middle name carries his middle name. Today I am thinking of his daughter Jill, who is half a world away. This morning I left early. Sheldon was taking Lucas to play hockey so I tagged along and while they were at the rink I went to Sobeys for groceries. I had bought a cute poinsettia to take to Gil at Nakile but later found out there are many staff with allergies. I didn't go empty handed because I did remember to replenish his fruit basket with apples, oranges, bananas & grapes. He is doing much better today and the physiotherapist from the hospital visited yesterday and today he is able to walk with the walker again with assistance. Hopefully this will continue. Now it is time to start the chore of folding clothes and maybe later I will tackle some gift wrapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment