Australian Time

Sydney

My counter

Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Few Thoughts

I have been thinking a lot about this trip down under. A few years ago when we were much younger our trips seemed to revolve around beaches and having fun. Fun is still important, but the last few trips we have done is about meeting people from other cultures and experiencing new things. We have met and kept in touch with a lot of wonderful people from all walks of life during our travels to Hawaii, Alaska and Europe.Mind you, I still love snorkeling and doing touristy things. Sheldon is a pretty cool traveler and is game for anything but he would never plan ahead and would just go with the flow. I like researching and planning and he laughs at that but I like to know about the places we will be visiting and any obstacles we might run into. Maybe I do go a bit overboard but to me it is fun. We probably won't do everything on our list but at least we have guidelines and options and a general plan. All is pretty well in place now and we have started on our inoculations. On Tuesday we have a consultation with VON Travel.Today I will start a "To do" of things I need to set aside and things I need to purchase. I am going to try and travel light as United Airlines charges for each checked in bag

No comments:

Post a Comment