Australian Time

Sydney

My counter

Thursday, January 21, 2010

One Happy Traveler

Today I am happy. United Airline posted on their web site that travelers going to the US can now have one carry on bag per person. That sure makes life a lot easier. We had our appointment with VON travel and we have decided that we will not need the Japanese Encephalitis vaccine as we will not be traveling to the inland area of Paupa New Guinea and the chances of contacting this disease is 1 in a million. We also do not need Yellow Fever as we are not coming from a country that has yellow fever. This saves us $2,160 so now I can buy a trinket or two. We've had 2 of our Twinrix shots and we only have one more to go. We do need Malaria pills that we have to start taking just before we leave. It's only 28 days to go. I had previously bought a voltage converter but it is too powerful and would blow my computer. Can't find the size I need in Yarmouth so hopefully Renee can get the size required in Halifax on the weekend. I need to take my camera battery charger to Sky Tech to see if it has a built in converter. After this is settled, I'm pretty well set to go. Time is going by fast now and can't come to soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment