Australian Time

Sydney

My counter

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Another Sea Day

Monday March 1, 2010 Another Sea Day
Sorry about the spelling and grammar in Sunday’s post. I will correct when I get back on internet. Today we spent the day doing the usual cruise things of eating, relaxing & swimming at the pool. We did get our dining time changed to the early seating and we attended a lecture on the Great Barrier Reef which was put on by the port pilot for the region. This was really interesting. Weather is hot but cloudy today. At 5 pm we attended a welcome back party hosted by the Cruise Director. This is for all returning guests that are loyal to Royal Caribbean. There are over 600 of us on this cruise and special crystal sculptures were given to a couple who had over 200 cruises and another couple who had over 100 cruises with this cruise line. Lots of goodies were served and the champagne was flowing freely. I sampled a few and I’m sure I have acquired a taste. The Captain told us there were 35 nations represented among the guests and 56 nations represented by crew and that everyone gets along better than the United Nations. The dinner theme tonight was Italian and it went well with my New Zealand white wine. All the dining room staff then sang in Italian. Two of the ladies at our table from outside London are elite cruisers with Royal Caribbean and (we had previous met them at our cruise critic meeting) they among other elite cruisers have a special lounge that is open only to them from 5:30 to 8:30 daily for wine and champagne where they can mingle. They also have other perks available such as reserved seating at events. They invited Sheldon & I to join them this evening which we were very happy to do. Another couple glasses of champagne. I think I’m getting addicted and the atmosphere in the lounge was great. We then sat with them at the evening show in the reserved section. I can hardly wait until we reach this status. We only need a few more cruises of 12 days or more to qualify. The evening show was “Piano Man” which was a great production. We went to bed shortly after as tomorrow we have a long day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment