Australian Time

Sydney

My counter

Monday, March 8, 2010

Sailing the Indian Ocean

Sunday march 7 2010 A Day Sailing the Indian Ocean
This morning I was up at 6 am enjoying a cup of coffee on the balcony enjoying the world drift by. Sheldon only got up at 9 am and shortly after we headed for the top deck. It is another beautiful day in paradise. I suddenly had the need to visit the ships shops. I really want to purchase an opal necklace. I found the perfect necklace and they had a discount of 30 percent. My heart was pounding and when I tried it on it was the perfect one until I asked the price... $3.800.00. I could feel my heart drop to my feet. Needless to say the beautiful necklace is still in the shop as I still want to be married! Oh well, the dream was good while it lasted. I spent the rest of the morning relaxing on the lounge chair on our balcony. This afternoon we attended an information session put on by Captain Rick. What a terrific sense of humour he has. He told us that he has been at sea for 35 years, first with cargo ships and different freighters traveling around the world. He began as captain with Royal Caribbean 10 years ago. He said he works 10 weeks on the ship and then he has 10 weeks of vacation. He also told us about various situations he has faced and the most challenging places he has sailed. What an interesting life he has had. Before our evening meal, we were invited another reception for Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus members. The captain told us that there are 5 million Crown & Anchor society members worldwide among other statics that I can’t remember. It must be the champagne, I’m losing my memory. After, supper we went to the Diamond lounge for more champagne before heading to the evening show. At 11 pm we attend a pool barbecue and watched line dancing before retiring for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment