Australian Time

Sydney

My counter

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Day in the Royal Botanical Gardens

We had a beautiful morning for a stroll in the gardens. It was 24 degrees when we left the hotel as we strolled the streets to get to the gardens. It is located just beyond the Opera House and covers a large area. It was a relaxing morning. I thought there would be more flowers but perhaps it's because it is the beginning of fall here. There were lots of statues and huge open spaces and large trees. We exited the park near the entrance to the Harbor Bridge and continued to the waterfront where we had a late lunch before heading back to the hotel. Dun needed a nap and wanted to watch the hockey game. I wonder if I'm tiring him out? I was getting antsy, so headed out on my own to do some shopping. Bought some shirts for Lucas, Hannah, Jack & Josh and a few other trinkets and on the way back I stopped at a street cafe for a beer to cool off. What a beautiful, vibrant city. We have only touched the surface and there are many things we didn't get to see. I would have liked to visit Bondi & Manly Beaches as well as the Sydney Aquarium but there just isn't enough time. tonight I want to stroll the "Rocks" area which is the old part of the city and near where we board the cruise tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Toddie, Don't let Dun hear you saying he's more tired than you lol.

    Nice talking to you last night.

    Have fun on your cruise... :)

    ReplyDelete