Australian Time

Sydney

My counter

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Remembrance and Celebration

Today I remember. It was three years ago today that Mom passed away.Although the pain does not go away, the memories seem to become more vivid and precious. It is on a day like today that I need to celebrate her life not her passing. For my friends that have last their Mom, they will know what I mean. I am fortunate to have inherited two very obvious traits. Everyday when I look in the mirror, it is her face I see looking back at me. The other is her love of travel.She often told me "I was born with a wheel up my ass" and thank you Mom...that came from you. Words alone cannot express my sadness, so today I am going to celebrate her life and the woman that she was in my own way by visiting the special vineyards of Eastern Australia and testing a bit of the sweet nectar. With each sip it will be in tribute to her and all that she did for us. Although she probably would not approve of me doing this I can hear her loud laugh and hear her say "Oh Toddie". My only regret is not being with Gil today. My heart & love is with him. I love you Dad, and I am thinking of you not only on this day but each day we are away. I have chosen well in the man I love and who walks beside me on this journey through life. Today will be a tribute to you all

3 comments:

  1. Well put Toddie, you go girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful post, Toddie!!
    Glad you are having such a wonderful time!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tribute to a great lady. To yourself also for being the person you are.

    ReplyDelete