Australian Time

Sydney

My counter

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Today is the Day

Last night we spent our last evening in this beautiful city. I wonderful why time flies when you're having fun? We strolled through the "Rocks" area and ended up at a small cafe called "Old Vintage Cafe". Soft music was playing and it was so romantic. Yes I am a romantic at heart. This "old girl" still has it. The meal was wonderful. I will never forget this beautiful city. It is one of the best places we have ever traveled and I feel so fortunate to have been able to come here. Travelers are generally friendly and we have not met a rude person all week. The hotel staff have been more than helpful and one morning while we were waiting for our tour guide, a tour company pulled up outside the lobby area which I thought was ours and when I asked the driver he told me we were not on his tour and then he asked if I had the companies phone # and then proceeded to call them on his cell. How kind & thoughtful is that. We have had this type of help all week from total strangers.It is this type of of thing that you remember about a place. These people know how to give great service and we could learn a few thing from them. Now it is time to pack up our suitcases. We will board the ship around noon today (Friday)and we leave port at 6 pm. We will be at sea all day tomorrow and our first port of call will be Brisbane. Not sure of the internet service while at sea but will post when I can. Have a great evening Mates in NS, and my family in US

1 comment:

  1. Bon Voyage my friend, your trip sounds wonderful so far. May it just get better as time goes by. You know maybe the world could learn a little bit of kindness from the Aussies. G'day Mate.

    ReplyDelete