Australian Time

Sydney

My counter

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Eagle has landed

I'm all mixed up in time but it doesn't really matter because we're on vacation. I'm so hyper and wish my body could keep up with my mind. We left the Hilton last night around 7 pm. We spent our time at the airport in the Red Carpet Lounge of United Airlines because we are flying Business Class. How awesome...free drinks and snacks and no crowds. Don't think I'll be able to fly regular class again. We were on the plane and taxing down the runway around 9 pm. We were on a big doubledecker bird. After settling in we were served more drinks followed by a huge meal and nice Australian red wine for me and of course rum & coke for Dun. Slept the entire night and woke up for breakfast. Shortest 14 hr flight ever.United are giving us Aeroplan Points for the delayed flight and lose of a day. The heat sure felt great when we left the airport. Got a shuttle bus to the Marriott on the waterfront much cheaper than a taxi. At checkin I was told because we lost our first night here, I could upgrade to a suite for $100 Au...no problem on this decision. Going to unpack a few things, have a shower then head out to explore the city. Were really excited after 1 1/2 years of planning...GDay Mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment