Australian Time

Sydney

My counter

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Day of Sweet Delight


Woke up this morning to overcast skies. The Hunter Valley is a two hour drive from Sydney so we had to leave here at 7:45 am. The disappointing part of the day was that our driver was a young kid and to him it was just a job...the guide makes all the difference in the world to an enjoyable day..and our van was worse than economy class on a plane . This is the first private tour I have booked in all our time traveling that didn't meet our expectations. The wineries themselves were wonderful. We did 4 boutique wineries and Lindeman's/Rosemount. At each winery we tasted with 3 samples of white wines, 3 of red, a port wine and dessert wine. Oh my, I was rather tipsy and must say it didn't feel too bad. I bought a special bottle at Lindemans.A show Reserve McLaren Vale GSM Trophy Gold Medal. It had a wonderful taste in the sipping so will crack it open tomorrow night. We also did some cheese tasting which would have been better had it been paired with the wine. I'm afraid Dun didn't really enjoy the day. He hates wine but bless his heart he didn't complain and we were gone from 8 am til 6:30. Needless to say, he had a Rum & coke as soon as we came back to the hotel. I'm rather mellow right now so will go rest a bit before we head out on the waterfront.

1 comment: